A shared hosting service means hoarding and/or sharing specific web content on a web server handled by a shared hosting distributor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let’s have a peek at these. Doing so, you can determine what you want, based on whether you wish to establish a weblog, mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
– File hosting: a service furnished by some web hosts, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages frequently include ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a particular amount of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting wholesalers, “file hosting” is being renamed to the more modish “cloud shared hosting”. This is an entirely improper interpretation of the literal denotation of “cloud hosting”. An actual cloud shared hosting environment would allocate the workload between individual sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous shared hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It’s not even close.
– Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain providers offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share an enormous number of pictures with mates or associates since the solution is commonly free. You will obtain a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
– Email hosting: a solution committed to tackling your mail address accounts. Some providers offer shared hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to run a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a website, then the email shared hosting service is what you want. You can set up email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domain name. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
– Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and several hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your shared hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to manage as many video clips as you want without bothering about system quotas.
– Shared hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to own a web site. To some extent, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At unlimited hosting 365 you can have a gaze at shared shared hosting and dedicated server packages that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be limitations depending on the kind of shared hosting service that you’ve settled on – a free hosting plan, a paid shared website hosting package, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse compared with the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are made for particular content only.